25 volunteer hours on Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays, completed in 7 weeks or less.
A dependable bike and the knowledge, skills, and resources to maintain it are earned upon completion of the Program.
Examples of Tasks and duties:
- Organizing used parts
- Disassembling used bikes
- Basic bike maintenance (after training – no prior experience necessary)
- Refurbishing Bikes
- Minor building, maintenance, organization
- Miscellaneous tasks
- Administrative tasks
- Volunteers must complete the 25 hours in 7 weeks or less before they start building their own bike.
- The bike is built with all used parts with the exception of cables/housing, tubes, brake pads and a chain (if a replacement is needed).
- If new parts are needed or preferred, a 25% discount will be applied to new essentials (ie: derailers, tires, grips) of your choice.
- If the bike or the hours are not completed within 1 month, the process will start over.
- Only one bike per person, per year, per 25 hours of volunteer service.
Fill out the form at the top of this page and we'll get back to you.